Feb 23-24, 2019 | Zin Lim | Expressive Figure Drawing Workshop (2 Days)
Date + Time: Feb 23 - 24, 2019 (Sat & Sun) @ 10am - 7pm
Venue: NOH/WAVE - 420 E 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90013
About Zin Lim:
Zin has over 12 years of experience as a college professor. He is constantly traveling the world teaching expressive art and has taught in cities such as: Hong Kong, Taipei, Seoul, Seattle, Denver, New York, Montreal, San Francisco, Atlanta, Houston, Oakland, Florence, London, Paris and more.
For most artists, an expressive way of learning and drawing will be somewhat challenging. It will ask artists to rethink and see differently from what they have been taught. The challenge is to keep an environment open to all experience levels. This workshop is designed to rebuild the artist's mindset and to influence their future studies of drawing and painting.
This workshop will introduce 2 different ways of figure drawing approaches (optic and haptic). You will be studying techniques for expressive figure drawing and exercises that are an efficient use of visual elements to broaden your choices for figure drawing styles. The class structure consists of lectures, demonstrations, exercises, and group/individual critiques.
This Workshop Is Recommended For Artists Who...
- Have studied realism drawing for a while but are now looking for something loose with more of a spontaneous approach to drawing.
- Want to improve painting skills from fundamental visual element techniques to fluid charcoal techniques.
- Are beginning artists and want to broaden their perspective of figure drawing and stylization.
- Have been working on a looser more fluid style of drawing and who want to create a complete body of work.
This Workshop Is ‘NOT' Recommended For Those Artists Who...
- Are currently focused on realistic renderings as a primary goal.
- Want to study drawing based on accurate measuring, proportion, and anatomy.
Themes To Be Covered:
1. Expressive strokes.
4. 3-D Illusion.
5. Arial Perspective.
6. Basic Composition for figure.
After Attending This Workshop You Will Be Able To:
- Optimize your work progress by stages.
- Clearly express what you think and feel through your drawing.
- Create illusions for live-like figure beyond likeness.
- Know how to be self critical of your work, find solutions, and improve the quality of your work.
Supplies: www.zinlim.com/qa (questions for material to email@example.com)